Monday, January 16, 2012

Long Weekends

I define weekend as a break from the stress and business of the week; however, my teachers define weekends as a period of time in which they can load us with all sorts of homework and expect it to get done. They especially love the long weekends like this one! They have no concept of the word 'break'.

I probably had fifty kajillion things to do this weekend. Now did they all get done? No. I had to put school on the back-burner this weekend because my best friend was down from Virginia. I can't miss an opportunity to spend time with her while I can. It was extremely hard this past August when she had to move. You know you are close friends when her mom can discipline you just like her own daughter. Ever since they moved I have been stressed and no fun.

Stress. What a word. In fact, it is the ONLY word that describes me right now. I am counting down the days until May when I can take my final exams and be done with sophomore year. I swear it has been the hardest year of my life so far. The sad part is that I am only halfway done. The Digital Disrupter has worn of on my cell phone too because it is just another reminder of a school day, which I hate. Don't get me wrong, I love that I am getting a great education and that I can be what I want to when I get older. I just feel rushed to get there.

I should probably set the alarm now so I even have a chance of waking up on time in the morning. Teachers, I apologize if I am not able to stay awake in class tomorrow. I had some partying to so this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment