Monday, January 16, 2012

House Lounge & Party Animals

Today is January sixteenth and my New Year's resolutions aren't exactly working out. I pretty much set myself up for failure with those. At this very moment I am staring at my empty doorway. That's right. I have no door to my room. Kids, this is what happens when you don't keep your New Year's resolutions.

For the past week and a half, my room has become the house 'lounge'. Everyone comes and goes and there is no privacy at all. I can't even do my homework in peace. Actually, I don't even know the meaning of the word peace. Someone please explain. Not that there is anything wrong with the new lounge. At least it is semi-clean.

After having four teenage girls in the house this weekend, I am pooped. We are a lot of work. I have some animals for best friends. Party animals that is. Except we know that partying consists of making our own pizza and watching the Miss American Pageant. Miss North Carolina should have one by the way. And I am not just saying that because she is my cousin.

As my head falls and my eyes roll back, I am reminded of who my true friend is: Sleep. Oh how I miss it! Sleep is calling my name and this rug is looking more and more comfortable. (Now please do not think I have a rug for a bed; it is just laying there all fluffy and soft looking.)

If I have taught you anything today let it be this: do not take your door for granted.

Happy Reading!
Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment