Friday, December 23, 2011

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow! Please?

Merry Christmas Eve Eve! I just cannot believe it is December 23rd. I mean the weather here in North Carolina has been in the sixties for the past week! Crazy. I have three words that perfectly describe how I feel about this weather: I. HATE. IT.

December is my second favorite month for many reasons (my first favorite being February because that is my birth month and I heart Valentine's Day). I love the way the Christmas season is full of joy and peace. The music is so cheerful; the movies are heartfelt, and most times hilarious. Along with that, it is a great reminder of the love Christ has for us.

The cold is one of my good friends. One of the main reasons I love December with a passion is the frigid weather. In an ideal world, I would make it snow every single day during this month. However, I am mortal and unfortunately do not have that power. Any other time I would take the weather we have been having lately and run with it; it is not too hot and not too cold. December is the month of snowflakes, hot apple cider, and curling up with a good book by the fireplace (I recommend Nicholas Sparks). Fortunately, I have gotten two of these three things, instant apple cider and an excellent book the great Sparks. Google and Youtube have given me a replacement for the real snow I am missing in my life right now; my computer screen was snowing yesterday and then proceeded to frost. How cool is that?!

Merry Christmas you wonderful people! Remember to keep Christ in CHRISTmas. We wouldn't be here to celebrate His birthday without Him.

Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment