Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Thoughts

I woke up this morning to the wonderful sound of...well, not the sound of anything really. I woke up to my little brother poking me over and over. Not to mention at 6:30. Merry Christmas to me! However, I must give him credit; he was a lot better about waiting until after three a.m. to wake everyone up this Christmas. So we made our way downstairs to see what presents were ready to be ripped open.

As you all know, today also happened to be a Sunday. Church never rests, even on Christmas. I thought maybe a handful of families would actually come to service because most I know are out of town around this time. After my family had our traditional Christmas breakfast and opened presents, we headed off to church.

Now I am sure everyone says this, but I think my church is the best! I am Southern Baptist, and everyone in church is so close! I absolutely love it! I was genuinely surprised today at the turnout in service; it was amazing! The sermon is never short of wonderful, but today's was simply perfect, a great reminder of the true meaning of Christmas. And there is nothing better than singing Christmas carols with a sanctuary packed full of people.

This was a Christmas of many firsts for me. This was the first year that Santa didn't come to our house. I know I am almost sixteen and have a thirteen-year old brother, but this is a really sad thing for me. This was also the first year I mostly got gift cards and cash from family members. I am going to miss the days when a big pile of shiny wrapped boxes sat under the tree waiting for me to attack it. These are pieces of my childhood that I am going to have to give up. At least, I have many, many fond memories to look back on as I continue to make memories with my friends and family.

Merry Christmas and happy reading!

Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment