Friday, September 28, 2012

Lilytorial #1

I just realized a few minutes ago that today is Friday. This day just got about a thousand times better.

Because it is Friday, I am writing my very first editorial, or Lilytorial. Thank you for the title suggestion Ms. Jenny. I wish I had thought of it...

Nevertheless, my family has suggested that my first editorial should be about people who are always late.

I know growing up in the South that everyone is on "Southern Time", but that is not an excuse to show up somewhere an hour after you said you would be. This has got to be one of my biggest pet peeves. It coincides with keeping your word, too. If you tell someone you will be at their house at six o'clock, make your best effort to be there at six. Excuses like, "I forgot" and "I'm just running a little behind" do not fly with me. If you are late once or twice, that is a lot more forgivable than if it is a constant thing. It is common courtesy to follow up on what you say.

We as humans naturally get disappointed and upset when we get our hopes up and then someone comes along and crushes them. I couldn't even begin to count how many times different people in my life have caused me pain because of unfulfilled promises.

Also, people that are constantly late are distractions. Some people in my first class of the day are late everyday. Like fifteen minutes late. It is harder for others to focus when people interrupt class. It gets the teacher frustrated and she ends up having to explain the warm-up or lesson eight times. I am there to just get through the day and go home. I don't want to have to hear the same set of directions over and over.

Please, please, please fulfill promises you make to others.

Thank you for reading my very first Lilytorial! If any of you have suggestions for a topic next Friday, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment